Thursday, September 17, 2009

Food - graciela.

I don't agree with Anthony Bourdain's claims that vegetarians eat bad food and that they hate good meals. The problem is that most people don't know how to cook vegetables properly. Steamed veggies are definitely not my idea of eating. I partake in the dying art that is cooking from scratch. When done properly, vegetables amaze in soups, casseroles, even home made pizza. The hell with semi-homemade and fuck prepackaged dinners from the super market. Meat tastes good, I do remember that, but us vegetarians and vegans don't hate food. Anyone who truly cooks, loves food.

Food also tastes best when you've grown it yourself. If only cities abandoned the lawn for plants that can feed its citizens. If I can do it, you can too.





4 comments:

  1. inspiring. beautiful photographs. i too am a vegetarian, and i finally have space for a garden... and your post is getting me very exciting about the prospect of eating from my own backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony Bourdain is a personal hero, but he is a little hard on vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sarahb
    Yes, you should definitely plant a garden if you have the space! Fall planting is upon us and you can definitely get some interesting stuff growing in Sacramento.

    @awesomeallday
    Even with his punches at vegetarians, I love the guy. No Reservations has been a godsend on my travels. I appreciate his love for all food and his heavy drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rad. i envy my friends who have a knack for cooking from scratch !

    ReplyDelete