Thursday, May 14, 2009

Damsel in Distress = Jamaica Cole

I realize today is Friday. I have had a major creative block for the past couple of months. I missed last week's topic and this time around I procrastinated until.. well, the day after.
I did manage a photograph for this entry, which I quite like, but alas the cord I need to transfer the image has disappeared, so perhaps I am a damsel in distress. 

Everything could be upside-down in my life, but if was still able to create on a regular basis, I think I'd be satisfied. As it is, I've spent the last few weeks mentally battling myself, trying to overtake my own lack of motivation, beat it down and conquer it. So I suppose I'm my own Knight in Shining Armor as well, only at the moment, my Knight is lost in a dark forest filled with beastly creatures. And all the trees look the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed. Just frustrated. I am constantly surrounded by the most creative people I've ever met, and I watch them create, trying to remember when I last felt productive. 

Oh, woe is me. 
I'm alone in a high tower of laziness and my Knight has fallen into briars and had his eyes scratched out. I must save myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment