Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greetings!

Hello, everyone! My name is Yesenia España, and I'm a 24-year old visual artist from Marysville, California. I met Richard in November when I signed up for the "Yes, We Can!" fundraising art show at Bows and Arrows. My partner, graphic designer Jonathan Haggard, and I will be moving to San Francisco in late May to start school at the Academy of Art University during the summer. I'm aiming for a bachelor's degree in graphic design.

I decided to join this blog because I thought it would help motivate me to create new work. If I'm not busy working at Michaels, I'm online searching endlessly for scholarships and other forms of financial aid, which is an incredibly time consuming process.

Below are five of my favorite pieces that showcase my style of art. My style of art is a blend of realism and abstraction. Although some of my pieces have the appearance of having been created loosely, every detail of work has been deliberately and meticulously crafted into a controlled composition. In every work I create, I explore the relationship between the principles and elements of design; line and form are intertwined in harmony, and a fine balance between a chosen color scheme is achieved through layers of shades, tints, and tones. I am versatile with different materials and mediums, but I am most passionately fond of gouache, graphite, ink, and paper.

I look forward to seeing all of the creations by everyone else contributing!












No comments:

Post a Comment